Each and every day the volunteers at Adventist Medical Center help us fulfill our mission and this week we’re pleased to celebrate Volunteer Week.
Here’s a few stats on our amazing volunteers:
- In 2014 our volunteers gave 54,155 hours of their time
- We currently have 279 volunteers
- On an average day there are between 55 and 65 volunteers helping in the hospital
- We have a knitting group who meet every other Tuesday for a group knitting session. These knitting projects provide warm hats for patients at our hospital as well as others throughout Portland
- A group of Adventist Health volunteers who work off-campus with the Healthy Heart Project. They perform blood pressure checks at various Portland area Fred Meyer stores
Author: LivingWell PDX Blog
Adventist Health is committed to creating a healthier Portland community.